Saturday, May 1, 2010

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

As a mother, sometimes I wonder if I am the only one…
1. Who has 5 items on my grocery list before I’ve finished unpacking my groceries from my current trip?
2. Who wonders where my body went?
3. Who irons my baby clothes?
4. Whose young ones take every opportunity to stick their hands down my shirt?
5. Who can bench press 200 lbs with one arm (the one I hold the baby in) but has tendonitis in the other?
6. Who has called one of the kids by the dog’s name?
7. Who has a hard time switching off the “mommy voice”?
8. Who has screwed up the whole disciplinary process and paid for it for weeks by openly laughing at the child sneezing milk out his nose?
9. Whose kid can properly order, in the right sequence, his Starbucks request? (kid’s soy steamed milk with whipped cream)
10. Who dreams of carrying a purse that is too small to put a diaper in?
11. Who feels like she’s getting a gift when she gets to go to Walmart ALONE?
12. Whose kids have more and better clothes than I do?
13. Who could make a meal just eating the food that falls off my kids?
14. Who falls in love with my husband every time I see him cuddling one of our boys? (well, hopefully I am the only one who falls in love with MY husband, but you get the point…)
15. Who jokes about ironing my baby clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment