Sunday, April 26, 2009

60 MINUTES

Things that I did, one lonely woman can in only 1 hour when I was left alone in my own home without children or husband to get ready for an event…

1. Took out the garbage and finished my chores
2. Got my clothes and items ready for tomorrow’s work day
3. Laid my phone/alarm clock out on the bedroom end table without fear that it would snatched and hid in some toy box before being allowed to complete its mission
4. Listened to the Sex and the City soundtrack without ridicule
5. Danced and sang out loud, once again, without ridicule
6. Relaxed and watched TV with the volume really really loud (once again and once again without ridicule – I have been chastised for wanting the volume too loud as apparently I’m going a little bit deaf) AND watched any channel other than TreeHouse
7. Had a shower without peekers
8. Shaved my legs without questions about what I am doing and why…
9. Laid my clothes out on the bed without fear of them getting a nice big ketchupy hug
10. Left the baby gate open
11. Actually got ready for the event, without help or questions, or changing twice because I got kissed with a face full of ketchup
12. Left my drink out on the counter within reach of, well, nobody now!
13. Ate some chocolate without sharing
14. Wrote this article
15. Realized, or rather remembered that, when given the chance, I am an extremely efficient person capable of accomplishing many excellent things in a short period of time


Thank you to my parents for taking the children and giving me the most fun hour I’ve had in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment