Monday, July 22, 2013

MAKING THE MOST OF WHAT I HAVE

I work full time and I also help run our family business. Some may judge me because I work full time when there is a perception that it would be better for my children if I stayed home. I say "may judge me" because I don't really care. I know that I am where I am supposed to be and doing what I am supposed to be doing. There is also a perception that my life is REALLY BUSY. My life is full, yes, but not busy - not out of control. It is fun. There is routine, lots of free play time, some structured time, time for chores and time for family. For my job I coordinate, support and plan events for the BC Cancer Foundation - and I take my children with me when I can. What this job has allowed is my children to be a part of philanthropy first hand. They have experienced a motorcycle ride for prostate cancer and had the opportunity to sit on a police motorcycle (twice). They've run with me in races, driven with me to the edge of town for ice cream, helped me say thank you to hundreds of people for giving their time and energy for cancer research and this has just become a part of their lives. My children have even given their tithe to me for the cancer patients. The most beautiful donation I have yet to receive. I am grateful for my children and for my job and the grace to be a part of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment