Saturday, January 9, 2010

THE DAY MY SON TURNED 2

I believe that my youngest son can read for the day my second son turned 2 years old, I swear he picked up my parenting book and read that two year olds have tantrums and assert their independence. Overnight he cries over things he never used to care about and gets angry, oh so angry at something that is not attainable or has been given the “no no”.

On the other hand, his mind can see patterns now. Not just the immediate need, but how to get what he wants and even if what he wants is three or four steps away from the step he is on. His face changed overnight and he is coming into his own.

He is my actor – he will say and do anything to get a laugh. And he has an uncanny sense of what is funny. He also has the most priceless pout I have ever seen.
He is strong – physically and mentally. He is quick witted and tenacious.
He is sweet – the face of a cherub and the most beautiful blue eyes, he makes you feel like everything is going to be okay and all is good in the world.
He is adventurous – he climbs, he jumps, he holds nothing back – with everything it is all in – all his being to make it happen – no fear. And he can do it too, great sense of balance and quick learning and strength.
He is my Tristan – the namesake of his grandfathers and my ode to Camelot. My Tristan – a Knight of the round table, the love is Isolde, all depends which novel you read – he is history.
He is a reader – always a book around.

Dearest child, happy birthday – embrace your newfound independence and sense of self and I will let go too and pray all the more as my heart leaps for joy at your smile and leaps into my stomache when you jump off the Christmas tree…

No comments:

Post a Comment